FINALLY. I figured out how to get back on this stupid thing. Techies like Derrick should not marry people who think computers hate them like me. But I am so entirely glad that he did.
Any who, to update y'all on my peoples. Derrick has technically already graduated from school, but he is going to walk (yea) on May 9. This will mean that he will get his diploma ( duh) and hopefully be able to get his bosses to pay him what he is worth. He is currently working on a clubhouse for the kids, and, for the most part, is having fun doing so. We can't wait to get it done. We are going to try to take the back fence down from around where the pool is so that the kids will have more room in the backyard to play, and give me the perfect place to install a pair of tire swings. They will be doughnut style, not pendulum, with a board for sitting on in the center. That way the tire will act as a bumper if it hits the tree. I like the idea.
Daniel is doing amazingly well in school. His latest report card shows that he is "exceeding expectations" in most subjects, including, but not limited to: music, math, reading, word recognition, and citizenship.(brag, brag, boast, pride, boast ,brag pride, brag)I am told that he frequently finishes his homework in class during the time when the class is waiting for everyone else to finish with their assignments. When I asked him about this, he said rather nonchalantly "Yeah, I do, so I can play more when I get home."
Jake is keeping up with the example that Daniel has set. His teacher said that he has no need for speech therapy anymore. The only reason that she is keeping him in the Early Ed. class is because his birthday was too late to send him to pre-k, and she didn't think it was fair to kick him out of school because he was doing better than most of the other kids. He already counts to 26 on his own, names the days of the week, knows his colors, can sequence, and is a dandy at rhyming. Mrs. Judy thinks that he will be the star pupil of next year's pre-k class. I told her that I have her to thank for it.
Layla is so funny! This past Sunday(Easter), while I was getting myself ready for church, My little girl wanders into my bathroom and tells me in a "just-so" manner, "Mommy, I wonderful." I said,"Really?" Layla: "Uh-huh." Me: "Go tell Daddy." Layla to Derrick: "Daddy, I wonderful." Derrick, with raised eyebrows: "Is that so?" Layla: "Yup!" Chuckling, Derrick to me: "She is her Bomba's Granddaughter!" I have to say that I generally tend to agree with her. She just needs to stop playing Picasso, as I am not enjoying her murals. It would also be lovely if she didn't try to climb in my cabinets.
Jaiden is now a week away from being 8 months old. He has 4 teeth, and loves to show them off. He is pulling up on anything that will support his 23 lbs. and thinks that he is just the greatest when he manages to cruise the length of whatever he is holding onto. He is already saying "dada" and manages to say"mama" whenever he is upset. He is a genius when it comes to finding things to get into. There is nothing like having a baby that crawls to make you realize how much you truly miss with the vacuum. He really likes to try to eat his daddy's remotes, tools that he snatches off the table, computer mice, and drool on the key boards. That's my little Jai-Jai.
I have a few projects going on. Most important is my garden. I am proud that I have not killed anything yet. My potatoes and onions are just beautiful, in my opinion. I geeked out when my lettuce sprouted. I did , however, have to replant my carrots due to dud seeds. I am still waiting for my tomatoes, peppers, watermelons, beans, squash, zucchini, strawberries, cucumbers, and corn to sprout. I can't wait. Project #2: I am trying to clear out the garden in the front yard of the weeds so I can plant herbs in with Mom's plants. I am planning to do oregano, mint, basil,and chamomile. Project #3 is raising rabbits. I have 5 currently. 2 are going to Kim. Yes, they are Meat rabbits. Yes, I intent to stock my freezer with their furry little offspring. Why? Because I like the idea of having a food source that is in my control, and they are a heck of a lot easier and quieter than chickens. This means that I have to depend on the grocery store that much less. Poject #4: We are making the kids their own mini-gardens. Their were 3 more tires in my yard that mom and da had no desire for, so I filled them with dirt and am simply waiting for the weekend to help the kids plant whatever veggies or berries they want to. they are excited, and i love to see them excited about growing stuff. Project #5: Getting the information I need to enroll myself in the local high schools summer driving program and then doing it. I let the chance go by before last year to get my liscence, I am not going to be that dumb again.
So folks, that's what's up with us. Get back to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment