So, I finally got this thing going very late last night, therefore I didn't write anything that let's you know about what is up with our family. I am now going to correct that.
The school year is starting in a few days. We have "Meet the Teacher" night tonight.We will get to meet Daniel's new Kindergarten teacher. I was hoping for him to be more excited about that.
The child just confuses me at times. He is so excited to go back to school, that he gets to go all day, instead of just half a day, but he doesn't want to see his new class room or meet his teacher. Go figure!
Jacob is going back to PPCD speech therapy, with the same teacher as last year. That should make things easier for him. Jacob tends to dislike any kind of changeto his routine.We are hoping that familiar faces will help, along with the "cool" new Spider-man back packs and lunch boxes that Bomba got them. Thank you, Penelope! He is just itching to wear his new school clothes. I've had to chase him out of the drawer I was keeping them in several times in the last week. Again, thank you Penelope, and thank you Dana.
Daniel has lost two teeth this year, and is working on his third. Jake is utterly jealous that he is not losing any teeth, so he walks around trying to wiggle his teeth, only to wind up coming to me saying that his mouth hurts. What really makes me laugh is when Layla tries to do the same thing, only she turns out to be holding onto what ever teeth she has gotten her fingers on, and nodding her head rather than wiggling .
My biggest frustration this past week was that some how Jacob had gotten ahold of my scissors and not only cut his hair, but Layla's hair as well. I was very relieved to find that if I just use a head band and fluff her hair out all Afro style, or arrange it just right into a few pony tails, you couldn't tell. That is, untill last night when Layla gota pair of scissors that were not even supposed to be opened, or even out of the school pencil boxes, and lopped off a good sized spotright in front, all the way down to her scalp. Now I have no choice but to let her hair look all funkified, untill it is disguiseable again. I refuse to cut her hair down that short. She would look like a boy for a year! For some reason,(at least in my kids case) little black girl hair doesn't grow as quickly or as easily as little black boy hair. I really dont know what to do about it. I think I will ask Penelope to call her cousin that is a hair dresser and ask what I can do to help her hair grow a little better.
Derrick is still working hard. We are happy that he only has two more classes to go. YEAH! I am glad that he has a job were he can work from home a good amount of the time. It also helps that he likes what he is doing. He even wants to teach me web design, which I wouldn't mind. He says that its easy enough that I could learn it rather quickly .
As for me, I am ready to have the baby already. I am SO tired of bein pregnant. If someone asked me in 10-20 years to decribe what my 20's were like, I could wrap it all up in under ten words: pregnancy, nursing, diapers, potty training, school prep craziness. I try to remind myself that by the time I turn 30, I will have all my kids potty trained and capable of dressing themselves in the mornings, meaning that I will finally have the time to get myself ready for church on Sundays. (Far off dreamy look) That would be soooo nice. HA,HA,HA,HA! Wishful thinking. It's great, isn't it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment