A few things were said at my house that I just thought were just too cute not to share. The other day while it was still warm enough to let my kids run wild in the front yard, Jake and Layla were playing quite happily. Then I hear scared "aahhhhh"'s and "EEEEE"'s and the sound of little dirty feet running back into the house. Jake busts into my room with Layla hot on his heels (as a matter of fact she ran into his back when he paused to open the door wider)." MOMMY! There is a big scary bug out there! It gonna eat us! It big and black and it flyin' around. It got big eye's an' sharp claws!" Me:"Ah. Is that so, well, you two just leave it alone and you'll be fine" Jake:"But mommy, it got big eyes an' sharp claws an' teeth an' it wanna eat us up like this," he demonstrates something like a cross between a chipmunk and a crab eating;" Mommy I think it a LEMUR BUG!Yeah, it a LEMUR BUG!"
Then Layla and I were talking about girly things the next day while I was doing her hair. Shoes, dresses, Hair-do's, dolls, ect.... Then she says to me " Mommy, I pretty. I won'erful!" Me:" Oh, yeah, you are." Layla:" Mommy, you bootiful too!"( she gives me an ear to ear smile) Me:" what about Daddy? Is Daddy handsome?" Layla" NO! Daddy a boy, boys are stinky! Daddy stinky!"
Yesterday, I was talking to all the kids while i was trying to find a movie for them to watch. I was having this problem throughout the day where I was calling Daniel, Jacob; and Jacob either Daniel or Jai-Jai. I pointed this out to them and asked them, laughingly," Do you think that I might have too many kids?" Daniel:" Yeah! You do!" Jake:" And you're gonna have another one!" Daniel, giggling:'" And it's your own fault, too!"
Too funny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's hilarious! So glad that kids are fun to be around. It makes life that much sweeter!
That makes me smile! I miss you, and it makes me sad that I am missing those kids growing up. I haven't even met two of them, and soon to be three. Hold them a little longer and a little tighter for me occasionally.
Post a Comment